We provide driver training from first lessons to heavy traffic & specialised fleet training so we can get you into your license in all available classes.
GDT is a friendly relaxed but professional driver trainer for all of your needs.
CORE BUSINESS SERVICES WE PROVIDE:
- Truck Licences – Class 2, 3, 4 & 5
- Endorsements – Dangerous Goods, Passenger, Wheels, Tracks, Rollers, Forklift
- Forklift Courses – Training and assessment, Hi-Abb Training
- Defensive Driving Courses – for Learners, Restricted or Full Licence Stages
- Practical Driving Lessons – Cars and Trucks
- Relief Driving – Commercial Vehicles
AA DEFENSIVE DRIVING COURSES
LEARNER LICENCE holders are able to attend.
You’ll be able to attend once you have held your learners for 4 months or have had at least 50 hours driving experience. Doing the course while having your learner licence will help you pass your restricted licence test as it includes an In-car session and develops your driving skills
RESTRICTED LICENCE holders can attend as soon as they have their restricted licence.
Whether you are on your learner or restricted licence, you’ll still reduce the time to your full licence by 6 months.
ADVANCED DRIVER TRAINING designed specifically for businesses.
The Defensive Driving Course for Experienced Drivers has been designed with experienced drivers in mind. It’s comprehensive and takes only 4 hours.
- To provide each student with the necessary information, skills and techniques to be a safe responsible driver.
- To provide a learning friendly environment that meets the needs of each student’s learning style. To recognize and understand each student’s strengths and weaknesses.
- To provide each student with the proper training so they can obtain a NZ driver’s licence.
- To provide the public with SAFE RESPONSIBLE DRIVERS.
GDT are passionate about safe driving. simple, we drive Taupo.
Car & Lessons
Your safety and the safety of others are our highest priority, so our Suzuki Swift is fitted with dual controls. With Greatlake Driver Training you can expect the very best driving lessons from an experienced and accredited instructor. We provide..
- Preparation for Restricted Licence Tests
- Preparation for Full Licence Test
- Refresher Lessons for Mature Drivers
- Advanced Driver Training/Assessments
- Company Driver Training/Assessments
Greatlake Driver Training Ltd is Taupo’s foremost provider of driver training and education and was established in 2000.
A small locally owned company Greatlake Driver Training not only looks after large companies training needs but often trains and licences small groups of people including one-on-one training when required, all in a relaxed and comfortable environment.
With our extensive skill base, we deliver driver education programmes covering all classes of driver licences including Dangerous Goods, Forklift, Passenger and heavy machinery endorsement courses.
At Greatlake Driver Training you will be in good hands knowing that your Instructor has been driving and training others in heavy vehicles and machinery for many years and is still currently an active relief driver in the logging and linehaul industries.
- NZ Transport Agency - Everything you need to know about NZ road transport industry
- AA NZ - Automobile Association
- Right Car - How does your car rate for safety
Getting your licence can be a difficult thing, here are some videos and websites that would Helpful!
- DRIVE - Drive is a free website and learning tool created by the NZTA and ACC. It's the first phase of an ongoing project designed to help young people become confident, capable drivers.
- Drive: How to tell if your car is ready for the test (roadworthy) (2m40sec)
- Drive: Critical Errors in the restricted and full licence tests (4m02sec)
- Drive: Immediate Fail Errors in the restricted and full licence tests (3m27sec)
- Learners Licence - AA Learn To Drive (4m57sec)
- Road Transport Forum - National body representing the commercial road freight industry
- NZ Trucking Association - Owner Drivers check this out, join up and save
- Logging Industry - Log Transport Safety Council, everything you need to know about the logging industry
Greatlake Driver Training Ltd
Office Located: Central Plateau REAP Building
73 Titiraupenga Street, Taupo Town Centre 3330
PO Box 531, Taupo 3330